Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's tough explaining death to children....

The kids can't understand why Hannah and Madison had to die. This is one of the toughest conversations I have ever had with my children....
The best explanation I could offer was that God took Fred, Madison, and Hannah so they wouldn't have to suffer here on Earth anymore.
My kids saw the way Angel treated Fred and the twins. They know how abusive she was to them. They truly were suffering a great deal of pain, and had been for quite some time.... Even if Fred left Angel, he would have never been truly free from her. She would torment him for the rest of his life and would end up using the girls as pawns in her sick game.

Fred truly loved Angel. He saw her for the woman God made her to be...even though she was not yet that woman. He had faith that God would change her, and that someday she would allow the change to take place.

I am not sure if Angel set that fire or not....and I don't know if we will ever know the truth about it. I know the police are still doing a heavy investigation. I know the excellorant test was negative. I know they ruled the cigarette out as the cause of the fire. I know the sherriff I spoke to said they were thinking it may have been electrical. (Fred had all new wiring put in before they moved into the home three years ago....)

There are so many unanswered questions....so many things I wish I knew..... I have never lost someone close to me (outside of Aunt Nettie - but she was 84 and it was a lot different).

This has made me open my eyes to how short life really is. How at any moment God could call you home (if your home is to be with Him.....I hope everyone reading this knows for sure where they would go if they were to die right now).

It makes those little things a lot less irritating (like Elijah throwing the whole stinkin' roll of toilet paper in the toilet or wetting it just to see what it'll do).

0 comments: