Tuesday, January 16, 2007

UGH!

For those of you who don't know - I am a wahm (work at home mom), and I am a Supervisor. I enjoy what I do, and I enjoy helping Moms work at home. Recently we had to let someone go for poor performance. It was a pretty tough decision, and not one that is easy to make in any case. It was just something that had to be done...

The sad part is, this person had been given ample opportunity to turn it around. Turns out - this person had two other work at home jobs on the side, and was trying to fit it all into their schedule. How's that for up-front and honest?! There were certain instances where I had really gone to bat for this person, when their job was on the line and I stood up for them and saved the day. When they were let go, they sent me horrible emails and instant messages. As if it were MY fault they were terminated...even though they were completely dishonest and blatantly lied about their "excuses" when they were really trying to juggle three work at home jobs.

I just don't get it.... why would you hoard jobs like that - when there are so many people out there who are trying desperately to work from home? People who are willing and able to do a GOOD job, and take pride in what they do.... Some people's greed really annoys me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Philly:

I saw your post from January, and was intrigued for a couple of reasons. First, I presently live in Florida, but am originally from Montgomery County, PA. Secondly, I agreed with your comments about people "hoarding" telecommuting jobs. Thirdly - have you replaced those individuals that were fired? If you have something that a person who is willing and able to do a good job, and take pride in what they do, and it can be done remotely, please let me know.

Thank you.
Clare

Philly said...

Hi Clare:

I don't have any contact info for you - but yes, there are positions available.

Please email your resume' to Jobs@PhillyRussell.com and I will be in touch with you shortly.

Thanks ;-)

-Philly