Monday, October 02, 2006

It's working out just fine

Sometimes I get a little freaked out about being a homeschooler. I worry that they aren't getting the kind of education they could be getting "elsewhere". Usually this fear only creeps in when outsiders ask me a ton of questions like "What do you do for socials kills?" or "Aren't there state laws aboout homeschooling?"....

My fears are quickly put aside when one of my brilliant children proves their intellect (without my asking to do so). I hate it when people drill them on their Math or Reading skills, or ask them an off-the-wall kind of question like "Who was the first President of the United States?".... These are COMPLETE strangers drilling my children (once they've learned that we are a homeschooling family). Of course the kids know they don't have to answer the question or prove themselves to ANYONE - but they are proud to do it - and prove that they ARE very intelligent.

In the meantime, I hope people will worry more about their own children's education and social interaction - and leave the worrying about my children to ME.

Okay, I'm done with my little vent ;-)

0 comments: